Lefty's Place Farm Sanctuary is dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating chickens and other farmed animals.
Anyone interested in adopting a rescued hens must:
* provide evidence that the hens will be housed in a secure, fox proof enclosure overnight, and have access to a safe environment to explore during the day.
* agree to adopt a minimum of two hens for companionship if you do not already live with an existing flock.
* agree to not breed from from your hens.
* be able to guarantee that if a hen becomes unwell or injured appropriate veterinary care will be provided.
* agree to feed any eggs the hens lay back to them (as most of our rescued hens are older and no longer laying, any eggs they do produce will deplete their bodies of essential nutrients, so feeding them their eggs replenishes these nutrients). Additionally, we are a vegan group and most of our hens originate from factory farms. It's because of society's demand for eggs that there is even a need to rescue these hens.
* agree to contact one of our volunteers if there are any problems, questions or if the hens need to be rehomed or returned.
A care package will be provided with each adoption, including the details of our very compassionate and talented avian vets.