Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Rescue (Qld) Inc. is a small not-for-profit Association funded solely by donations from members of the community and operated by a group of dedicated Cavalier owners and lovers. All of the dogs who come into our care are looked after by individual foster carers with our full support and guidance.
The goals of our Association are:
* To rescue and rehome Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (predominantly in Queensland)
* To develop alliances with other rescue and rehoming groups for the benefit of Cavaliers
* To raise awareness of the Association's activities
* To lobby for legislation relevant to the Association's activities
* To reduce the numbers of Cavaliers requiring rescue through education of prospective owners and the general public
Our rehoming process is very thorough and is outlined by these steps:
1. We will seek applications from potential adopters who are interested in each particular dog only. Dogs currently available for adoption will be posted on Pet Rescue and/or on our website and/or on our Facebook page. We do not maintain a waiting list for dogs who may become available in the future.
2. The full Expression of Interest application must be completed online and submitted to us. This can be found at http://cavalierrescue.com.au/adopt-a-cavalier-king-charles-spaniel/
3. Our rehoming team will assess each application with a view to matching the dogs’ requirements and individual needs.
4. Only those applicants we feel may be suitable for the dog will proceed to an interview, yard check and meet and greet.
All Expression of Interest applications will be retained on file for future reference (so that you don't have to fill out the form each time, as it is a purposely comprehensive questionnaire) HOWEVER it is your responsibility to contact us to put your name forward for consideration if you see a dog become available for adoption that you are interested in. We try to let applicants know early in the process if they are likely to be unsuccessful so that they may enquire with other rescue groups.
The combination of the dogs’ backgrounds, their surrender, the sensitive nature of the breed and of course, their mental and physical well being are all paramount in our selection process. Not every applicant is suitable for one of our dogs due to their sometimes complex individual needs. Each application is assessed on a case by case basis.
We receive enquiries almost every day from people who are interested in adopting a Cavalier. We can not predict when we will have a dog that will suit your particular lifestyle and your preferences, so we appreciate your patience.
The adoption fee varies depending on the individual dog. This payment assists us with paying for veterinary expenses such as health checks, medication, surgery, etc. The fee may range from $250 to $750 (on average), sometimes more.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Rescue (Qld) Inc. will only use your personal details to record, assess and manage your application. Your details will not be sold, shared with or otherwise released to any third party without your prior consent.
As the purchaser, I agree that should I become unable to provide sufficient care or retain ownership of the abovementioned dog at any time for any reason whatsoever, the dog MUST BE SURRENDERED to Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Rescue (Qld) Inc. and I authorise such surrender to occur.