German Shepherd Dog Rescue South Australia Inc. specialises in the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of abused, unwanted and abandoned German Shepherds. We raise public awareness of the plight of our breed by educating owners and those new to the breed.
We work with breeders, veterinarians, behaviourists, trainers and our network of foster carers, to ensure that our dogs are in a safe environment to heal, before finding their forever homes.
We aim to:
• Educate the general public on responsible pet ownership
• Discourage animal cruelty and neglect
• Promote the outlawing of puppy farms and backyard breeding
• Promote the use of positive reward based training to assist in building a happy bond between dog & handler.
1. Potential adopters complete an application form online at http://gsdrescuesa.com.au/adopt.html
2. A member of German Shepherd Dog Rescue South Australia Inc. will then be in touch to discuss the application and the rescue dog in more detail.
3. A home visit is conducted to ensure that the environment is suitable for the rescue dog.
4. A supervised "meet & greet" is held for the family and, if applicable, their dog(s) to meet the rescue dog.
5. The next stage is a trial adoption period.
6. At the end of the trial period, if the family and rescue dog are happy with the situation, the adoption is finalised