Rescue Cats and Kittens Brisbane is a no kill, not for profit cat rescue group. We are dedicated to the rescue, care, rehabilitation and re-homing of community cats. We raise funds to provide emergency vet treatment for sick or injured cats and to provide basic worming, flea treatment, vaccinations, desexing and microchipping for cats in our care. The hidden cat colonies in the Moreton Bay region are our main focus. We will rescue, assist and advise wherever possible to help provide intelligent and humane solutions designed to properly care for, and ultimately reduce the free roaming cat population.
To meet and adopt any of our cats and kittens the following process is applied.-
1. Choose which kitten/s, cat/s that you would like to meet.
2. Fill in our online Adoption Application form found here http://www.rcakb.com/adoption-application-form.html
3. We will contact you via your phone number as soon as we can to book a time suitable for both you and our foster carers to meet the chosen cat/s or kitten/s in their home.
4. Once you have decided to adopt, you will need to fill in our Adoption Agreement form on our website found here http://www.rcakb.com/adoption-application-form.html.
5. Payment of a $50 non refundable deposit must be paid within 24 hours of your meet and greet to secure your kitten or a $25 non refundable deposit for an adult cat. Full payment of the adoption fee and deposits can be made via direct bank transfer, Cash deposit, or cash. Full Payment must be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to collecting your cat. Please email email@example.com for details of the accounts.
6. If your cat or kitten is being booked in for desexing and microchipping in your name, we will arrange for a day that suits to have that done and you can collect your cat from the foster carers home 5 days post op for females and 3 days post op for males. This time frame is non negotiable as we need to ensure that the cat or kitten recovers well under constant supervision.
7. Once you have taken your cat or kitten home to settle in. You have a 14 day trial period in which you can help them settle in. If things don't work out for any reason, you can return the cat to us for a refund of your adoption fee minus the $50 non refundable deposit for Kittens or $25 for adult cats. If you wish to choose another cat or kitten, you will be required to return the cat/kitten to their foster carer and arrange to meet and greet another cat/kitten and reapply.
We will be available for any questions, support and advice that you may need throughout the cat or kittens lifetime.
8. If for any reason at all you find yourself unable to keep your cat or kitten after the 14 day trial period, you agree to return them to us for surrender so that we can find them another home without a refund of the adoption fee charged to cover their care while they wait for a new home.