Second Chance Rescue Services is run solely by a Professionally Qualified dog trainer and Behavioural expert who has a background in Veterinary Nursing and a passion for Canine Nutrition and Wellness. SCRS enjoys rehabilitating dogs using behavioural and relationship building exercises alongside confidence and obedience skills which helps dogs relax, listen and bond as they learn to make good choices.
Having always been involved with animal rescue in some way shape or form, both when still working in the veterinary nursing field and also outside of that environment, assisting other rescue groups and teams along the way; Second Chance Rescue Services was one of the first to start on the Mornington Peninsula and is a not-for-profit organisation. We are always grateful for any volunteer help (mainly general maintenance work) and donations.
We are currently and continually learning about natural remedies for animal husbandry and all our animals are fed with natural ingredients and vitamins/minerals to supplement their diet. As much as possible, we use natural therapies which is balanced alongside traditional veterinary medicine (when needed) creating the best of both worlds for animals in our care.
Second Chance Rescue Services rehabilitates dogs using positive reinforcement and Pattern learning training methods which ensures reliability and lasting results. We advise new owners to continue this training with any dogs adopted from us. For more information on training methods used OR if u require help with an existing rescue whether from SCRS or elsewhere, feel free to contact us directly via email: PawfectSolutions@bigpond.com.
Second Chance Rescue Services aims to provide as much information and help to assist people who are seeking to adopt a new pet for life, and to match fostered animals to the best possible future for their welfare. All domestic pets come vet checked, microchipped, desexed, vaccinated/titre tested, flea treated and wormed (with varying exceptions in poultry and horses in some cases).
All care and great consideration is taken to make these matches work well for both the new owner and the animal concerned. Please note that we may take up to a week to answer your emails because of the work load we carry.
If you would like to take part in helping out voluntarily with any garden maintenance or collection of donated goods we would truly appreciated your assistance. If you would like to donate any supplies, food, bedding, kitty litter etc we would love to chat with you.
Please direct any enquiries via email to: Pawfectsolutions@bigpond.com
Find and like us on facebook :) https://www.facebook.com/secondchancerescueservices
Please remember a pet is for life, so choose carefully, take your time - ask lots of questions, and enjoy the journey.
Saving Animals, Saving Souls - Sharing the goodness of God through the love of His creation.
Ensuring that all rescued pets are able to love happily in the security of love, affection, good food and health with caring families who are like minded animal lovers.
All our domestic pets are:- Vet checked, microchipped, vaccinated or titre tested, wormed and desexed. Horses may not be microchipped. Poultry will not be desexed. Dogs and cats come with a variety of extras from collars, leads and bedding to toys and litter trays etc.
1. Email your interest directly to: Pawfectsolutions@bigpond.com.
2. Please note that we may take up to a week to get back to your emails, due to the workload we do. Thank you for your patience.
3. Please ENSURE you have read and re-read ALL of the criteria for this adoption BEFORE you email a request for a questionaire. This will save everyone a bunch of time.
4. You will be contacted for further information and given a questionaire to complete.
5. If you are shortlisted you will be contacted for a house and yard safety check, a meet and greet and a final decision will be made.
6. A professional training package will then be booked in - this will only apply to dog applications.
7. On the day of your adoption, transfer of ownership and adoption agreement papers are signed, your adoption fee is collected and your new pet stays with you for a negotiated trial period of approximately 1 month. A handover training session will commence at a mutually convenient time - preferably on the day of adoption (dogs only).
8. After the trial period, microchip papers are transferred into your name - a copy of which will be sent to you by the microchip company.
9. Finally, we are only a phone call away for the life of your new pet so rest assured we are always here to assist. We'd love you to stay in touch.