Second Chance Rescue Services is run solely by a Christian ex-veterinary nurse who has grown up surrounded by animals and cared for animals her entire life.
Having always been involved with animal rescue, both when still working in the veterinary nursing field and also outside of that environment, assisting other rescue groups and teams along the way.
Second Chance Rescue Services was one of the first to start on the Mornington Peninsula and is a not-for-profit organisation solely run by volunteer help, located on the Mornington Peninsula.
We are currently and continually learning about natural remedies for animal husbandry and all our animals are fed with natural ingredients and vitamins/minerals to supplement their diet. As much as possible, we use natural therapies which is then backed up by veterinary medicine as well if / when required.
Second Chance Rescue Services teaches and rehabilitates dogs using the Alpha Canine Group training methods and strongly encourages new owners to continue this training with any dogs adopted from us. For more information on their training methods you can visit http://www.alphadogtraining.com.au.
Second Chance Rescue Services aims to provide as much information and help to assist people who are seeking to adopt a new pet for life, and to match fostered animals to the best possible future for their welfare. All domestic pets come vet checked, microchipped, desexed, vaccinated and wormed (with varying exceptions in poultry and horses in some cases).
All care and great consideration is taken to make these matches work well for both the new owner and the animal concerned.
If you would like to take part in helping out and live on the Mornington Peninsula or do not mind to travel to use our local vet (Mornington, Dromana, Rosebud) send me an E-mail at email@example.com.
We are always looking for dedicated foster carers.
Find and like us on facebook :) https://www.facebook.com/secondchancerescueservices
Please remember a pet is for life, so choose carefully, take your time - ask lots of questions, and enjoy the journey.
Saving Animals, Saving Souls - Sharing the goodness of God through the love of His creation.
Ensuring that all rescued pets are able to love happily in the security of love, affection, good food and health with caring families who are like minded animal lovers.
All our domestic pets are:- Vet checked, microchipped, vaccinated, wormed and desexed. Horses may not be microchipped. Poultry will not be desexed. Dogs and cats come with a variety of extras from collars, leads and bedding to toys and litter trays etc.
1. Email your interest in the rescue pet, giving details of where you live, your family environment, what you have to offer the animal in question, hours at home/work, whether you rent/own and permission to have a pet (if in a rental) etc.
2. You will be contacted for further information/questionaire pending the above and a house check, meet and greet will be arranged if your application is approved.
3. On adoption day transfer of ownership and adoption agreement papers are signed, your adoption fee is collected and your new pet stays with you for a negotiated trial period of approximately 1 month.
4. After the trial period, microchip papers are transferred into your name - a copy of which will be sent to you by the microchip company.
4. We are here with you for the life of that pet so that if you have any issues or problems we can help you, as well as just staying in touch.
5. You will be added to our "closed" private facebook group for clients (only) to share photos, stories, get togethers and lots of other cool fun :)