Butterfly Wings Animal Rescue is a dedicated group of people who focus on rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming surrendered and strayed pets.
We provide these pets with loving foster homes until their forever home comes by.
Our pets are re-homed microchipped, vaccinated, desexed and up to date parasite prevention.
We mostly rescue cats for the moment but will sometimes have dogs available.
In no way does BWAR support backyard breeders nor will we sell any of our pets without being desexed.
Butterfly Wings Animal Rescue is located in Sydney, NSW.
Our adoption process consists of:
1. Contact us via email or phone for more information on the cat your are interested in.
2. Head to our website www.butterflywingsanimalrescue.org and fill out our adoption application. When submitted it will be sent to us to review.
3. Once we have reviewed your application, we will contact you and let you know if you are successful or not. Remember, we may say you are unsuccessful for that particular cat as it may not be suited to your home, in which case we will suggest others that may interest you.
4. If successful, a meet will be organised between you, your family and the cat.
5. If the meet is successful we can go one of two ways:
All remaining vetwork will be done and a time will be organised to bring the cat to you. A holding fee of 50% will be required. Upon drop off a adoption agreement and Change of Ownership will be filled out by yourself and the remaining adoption fee will be collected.
If all vetwork is already completed you can take the cat home at the time of the meet, the adoption agreement will need to be filled out and the entire adoption fee will be collected. We will then organise a time to come out to your house to visit the cat and to finish finalising all paperwork.
There is a 2-4 week trial period with all our adoptions. This is to give the cat time to settle in and show its true personality to its new family. It also gives you a chance to see if the cat is really what you are after. If the trial is unsuccessful, we will pick up the cat and issue a full refund. If the trial is successful we will finalise the adoption according to point 5.