Code of Ethics
Rescue Member Code of Ethics
At PetRescue, we support the responsible and ethical rescue of companion animals. We offer online listing service exclusively to groups and organisations that agree to abide by our code of ethics. Any breach of our Code of Ethics or unprofessional conduct will result in immediate suspension of membership.
Please note: PetRescue does not comprehensively evaluate nor endorse the practices of any organisation or individual.
As a PetRescue Rescue Member, you must agree to the following terms:
- We have read and agree to abide by PetRescue's Pet Listing Rules and Guidelines and understand that failure to do so will result in the immediate removal of offending listings and may result in the suspension or removal of membership.
- All animals we submit to PetRescue will be:
- Genuine rescue animals, presently in a pound/shelter or foster care situation.
- Desexed. All cats and dogs submitted to PetRescue must be desexed (or will be desexed PRIOR to going to their new home) and shall be promoted as such. Exclusions may be granted for animals considered to be too elderly, as advised by a vet. Please contact us to apply on a per-animal basis.
- We operate our rescue group to support the welfare of the animals in our care and not for personal gain. Any fees we charge for adoption or other services are directly invested in our organisation's ongoing work. While we may have paid staff, our group or shelter is intended to operate as a not-for-profit or charitable organisation.
- We are a registered non-profit group or charity, or are working towards becoming one.
- We are dedicated to the care of animals and educational efforts to promote the welfare of those animals. As part of this commitment, we provide education and support to those who adopt animals from us.
- We screen our adoptive homes carefully and do not place animals without conducting a screening.
- We make provision to offer after-adoption follow up and support to our adopters over the life of their pets, including a returns policy for adopted animals.
- We are operating our group according to, and in compliance with, all federal, state, and local pet and/or wildlife regulations, laws, rules, ordinances, statutes and codes, and possess the required permits or licence(s) (if applicable).
- We will endeavour to keep all information posted on the PetRescue website up to date.
- We recognise PetRescue makes no guarantee of any of the information posted by us. Any pets found, adopted through, or listed on PetRescue are the sole responsibility of the us as the advertiser and/or the adopting party.
- We acknowledge PetRescue has the right to remove, edit or alter any information posted on the website at their discretion.
- All information, including photos, contact information and animal descriptions posted to the website, becomes the property of PetRescue and may be used in promotions and for marketing purposes.
- PetRescue may contact us at any time to verify information submitted to the website.
- If you have any queries about our Rescue Member Code of Ethics, please contact us at email@example.com.